Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Searching for Gypsies Part 2

Emma and I traveled about a half hour north of home yesterday to a favorite covert, but it was mostly covered with 3 to 6 inches of hard crust snow, so we didn't hunt it too long. Today we headed back down south to walk the covert we had walked on Sunday. We made another large circle without any finds and were within a couple hundred yards of the truck when Emma's beeper collar went on point mode. I had to fight my way through some kudos vines to find her, crouching with her head turned to the left. After several pics I moved in and out flushed a woodcock. Spring is here.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! I just came on here to tell you that my buddy down south heard some singers last evening. Still lots of snow in my covers but hoping to go a little south this weekend and find a few. Enjoy it

Chris