Friday, June 13, 2014

She Will Prevail

Apple trees are survivors and I'm sure the old Blue Pearmain tree that blew over Wed. evening will do just that. She still has most of her roots in the ground and the two limbs that I left should thrive with all the addition sunlight that they will get. Yes I suspect she'll have a lot of good years ahead of her.
 
As I was cutting the tangled mess surrounding the old Pearmain apple I stumbled upon another treasure.
Where this apple tree came from I don't know. I'm sure that I didn't plant her. She may be a seedling of the old Pearmain tree. How she ever survived in the shaded tangle of sumac and cherry trees I'll never know. Not only did she survive but she also produced a scattering of apples.
She too will prosper from the additional sunlight and I'll be anxious to see what quality of apple she produces.
 
 
 

No comments: