Wednesday, June 4, 2014

1st Fishing Trip

Got out on the water today for the 1st time this year.  This is earlier than I usually start my smallmouth fishing but it was a nice day so thought I'd give it a try.  As I made my way down to the stream I ran into a Wood Turtle coming up the path.
The water was a little high but looked nice, but the bite was slow and an hour had past before I finally caught a pair of large Fallfish. At one point I was lucky enough to glance downstream just in time to see an Eagle flying away. I also saw a Cuckoo, either a yellow-billed or a black-billed I couldn't tell. Didn't get a pic of either the Eagle or the Cuckoo. Many people have never heard of a Cuckoo so here's a pic from the internet.
After a couple of hours my back was aching as I fished one last deep hole. Luck was with me and I had a hard strike on my plastic worm. The fish fought deep until I tired it out and  brought a nice fat 13 inch smallie to shore.
 
Satisfied with my mornings adventures I made my way back to the truck making plans to visit some of my other treasured fishing spots soon.
 
 
 
 

No comments: