Thursday, November 10, 2011

Copper's Day Afield

Emma was looking pretty worn this morning so I took Copper for a short woodcock hunt. Her hips won't take too long a hunt any more, but we had a nice time afield with several points on woodcock and one grouse point. I only got a chance at one of the woodcock and had to drop both hammers but I was able to down the bird for her.

As usual she found and mouthed the bird and made me crawl into the thicket to retrieve it myself, but am glad I was able to shot a bird over her point to add to the memories we've made over the years.

3 comments:

David said...

Yay Copper! She's gorgeous.

Gary Thompson said...

Damascus barrels? What pressure loads do you use? lovely gun and famous looking dog!

Greyphase said...

David, thanks she is a cutie.

Gary, I'm shooting loads with a psi between 6000-6500.