Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Little Sprucing Up

I've refinished the stock on "Olsa" my 16 ga. Husqvarna. While the barrels were away at Mike Orlen's getting opened up to .000 and .010 and haveing the forcing cones lengthened I went to work on the stock. This was my first attempt at refinishing a stock and I think it came out pretty good. I used a paint & varnish stripper to remove the old finish, then used Birchwood Casey walnut gun stain diluted 1 part stain to 1 1/2 parts water. Finally I rubbed in with my fingertips some Tried and True Oil Varnish. I've only put on one coat so far but plan to add several more this summer. Here she is before........
and after. Just picked up Olsa's sister Inga tonite. Will have pics in a day or two. Yes I've got "Hammergun Fever".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi

I noticed your dog point with a level tail?
How come? What breeding is she from?
I am from Europe (kinda :-) ) originally and
I like this style.
If you want to reply leonkaz yahoo com