Saturday, November 28, 2020

Unexpected Ending to My Season

I had hoped to find some flight woodcock during the last week of the season, but instead I'm quarantined at home with the possible covid 19 virus.  Waiting for test results that should have been available several days ago I guess the system is swamped. Janet was exposed to another caregiver who tested positive. We both are suffering body aches, coughs, and chills but no fever yet. Grouse and woodcock come back in after deer season for 2 weeks. Hopefully I'll have the stamina for a few short hunts.  If not I'll be looking forward to the spring flights to give Bliss and Thicket some bird work.

2 comments:

harold pickens said...

Hang in there Richard. Most recover fine. I was originally off work Mon for Ohio deer opener, but the ophthamologist I work for came down with Covid and they asked me to work, so I will. I only work 1-2 days/wk. Been hunting alot with hammer guns this year, 12, 16, and 20's. Somehow lost a left hammer off my favorite, a 5 1/2 ld Scottish 20 ga. Trying to order a pair off replacements now from Peter Dyson Co in England.

Greyphase said...

HI Harold, The wife and I both tested positive but we're slowly on the mend, mostly just weak with body aches.
Hope you can find replacement hammers for your little Scottish gun.