Wednesday, November 7, 2018

A Long Time Coming

Into the 4th week of the Woodcock season and I finally found a few birds today.  Emma and I headed to my northern most coverts and moved 6 birds.

 
1st stop was the Muth covert.
 



The wind was blowing and the birds were running but Emma pointed 4 woodcock.
 



 
 
I had shots at 3 of them and managed to drop 2.
 
Next stop  was the Brady covert.  Nice looking cover that for some reason never holds many birds. Today it was empty.


 
 
The last stop was Black Slate Run.




 
 This cover is growing in nicely over the past few years and should become a favorite stop for woodcock.  I flushed one today and Emma gave me a nice point, but the bird flushed to my left and caught me off guard and I did not get off a shot.
 
So ended the day with the Muth covert once again providing me with some wonderful memories.


1 comment:

Gil said...

I hope Bliss didn't sulk too badly when you left her home. Good to see birds in your area. Send them south when your season ends. Ours starts Dec. 8 in Ga. and the 18th in SC. The overlap gives us until the end of January in SC.
Gil