Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Spring Pics from around the Homestead

Spring chores have kept me from having time to work on my blog. I'll try to get caught up with some pics.

The wind and rain have cleaned off the pear blooms already but the apples are in full bloom.

 
The #5 crab is a favorite of the deer. 
 
An old southern variety Aunt Rachel is loaded with blooms on my trellis.



 
The Viola crab looks ready to have a good crop this year.
 
The Dolgo crab is a reliable producer of crabs used to make crabapple jelly.
 
 
I was concerned about the vernal pond because we had some very warm weather in February, but I needn't have worried.
 
 
The Tree Swallows have returned and started nest building.


 
 
 
 
The Bluebirds are also claiming some boxes as their own.

 
 
It's truly a magical time of year.


No comments: