Thursday, March 2, 2017

Wandering along Buffalo Creek

Emma and I headed for Buffalo Creek the other day.  The Game Commission has done some serious cutting there last year and hopefully I'll still be hunting when it grows back into woodcock habitat.





There is still some nice cover left to wander through.
 

 
 
 
Years ago some farmer took the time to plant apple trees, some of which still thrive.




 
 
This colorful fungi caught my eye in the otherwise drab landscape.
 
The namesake of the covert.

 
Although Emma hunted the covert thoroughly she found only one woodcock.
 
 
Near the end of the hunt I saw Emma trip in a tangle and fall on her shoulder and I felt a twinge of sadness as I realized her best years were behind her, but they have been good years with many wonderful memories for me to enjoy.


No comments: