Wednesday, July 22, 2015

A Morning on the River

I fished the Deerfield stretch of the river this morning.



I saw a immature Bald Eagle early in the morning but had no chance for a pic. The fishing was slow but I managed to catch a few smallmouth. I had a "hog" hooked but lost her on a jump. She looked to be in the 18-20 inch range. Later I did land a nice 16 inch smallie.
 
After I released it, it swam between my feet and rested.
 
This chunky 13 incher gave me a nice leaping fight.
 
But the high point of the morning was seeing a family of 5 River Otters. This was the first time I've ever seen Otters in the wild and to see that many together was a real treat. The little point and shoot camera was no match for the active Otters but here's my best pic of 4 of them.
 
 
They could be the reason for my declining catch in the river these last few years, but still neat to see.

No comments: