Monday, November 5, 2012

Exploring the Shawnee Creek Covert

I set out today to hunt the Shawnee Creek covert to it's end. After 2 1/2 hours I still hadn't come to the end of the cover.


We moved a fair number of woodcock, but it was one of those days when I walked into as many woodcock as Emma found. The one's she pointed were mostly in nasty thick cover and I only got shooting at one of her points. It turned out to be a two woodcock flush with me missing the first one but connecting on the second.
This covert has turned out to be the biggest one I've ever found, with cover also on the opposite side of the creek that I havn't tried to hunt yet.

I'm headed north tomorrow for several days of hunting in Tioga County with my nephew Jim-Bob and his setter Zeke, but I'll be returning to the Shawnee Creek for another go at it's woodcock.

No comments: