Saturday, July 16, 2011

Elin's New Look

I just got Elin, my 1914 Model 51 Husqvarna hammergun, back from Mark Larson. Mark turned the prince of wales grip, which proved to be too small for my hand to comfortably carry and shoot, in to a straight grip. He also inletted a longer trigger tang in to it and recheckered it. So here's a before of Elin and......

here's the final results.




I'm very pleased with the results. Mark also fixed a crack in the head of the stock that he found when he took the stock off the action. Took it for a walk around the Back 40 and loved the way it carried and handled. I hope to spend alot of time with Elin wandering through my Allegheny Mountain grouse coverts this fall.




1 comment:

Gary Thompson said...

Wow, that looks great! I really like the checker design.